The Outback Alliance members and key stakeholders from diverse sectors discuss issues and challenges that have been identified following the first outbreak of COVID-19:
- How has Covid-19 hit the Outback? What happens now?
- What are the differences in service delivery between urban Australia and Outback Australia?
- What policy change is necessary to ensure Outback communities are supported to thrive?
- What can we learn from the Outback and remote communities?
- Shared themes, opportunities and lessons emerge as the series progresses, enabling deeper cross-sectoral understanding, and identification of future Outback-appropriate policy development.
Conversation #1 – The Outback at the time of the pandemic.
What lessons can be learned from how Outback communities handled the crisis? How has the Covid-19 response affected remote/outback towns, communities, industries and people? Presenters: Leanne Kohler – CEO, Desert Channels QLD & Emma Jackson, Chair of Cape York NRM and NRM Regions Australia.