The Outback Alliance members and key stakeholders from diverse sectors discuss issues and challenges that have been identified following the first outbreak of COVID-19:
- How has Covid-19 hit the Outback? What happens now?
- What are the differences in service delivery between urban Australia and Outback Australia?
- What policy change is necessary to ensure Outback communities are supported to thrive?
- What can we learn from the Outback and remote communities?
- Shared themes, opportunities and lessons emerge as the series progresses, enabling deeper cross-sectoral understanding, and identification of future Outback-appropriate policy development.
Conversation #2 – Health
What have been the big issues in health provision? How has the disruption in supply chains, personnel or internet access impacted remote communities? How do we continue to protect people in the Outback?Presenters: Frank Quinlan – Federation Executive, Royal Flying Doctor Service & John Paterson – Chief Executive Officer of the Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance of the Northern Territory.