The Outback Alliance members and key stakeholders from diverse sectors discuss issues and challenges that have been identified following the first outbreak of COVID-19:
- How has Covid-19 hit the Outback? What happens now?
- What are the differences in service delivery between urban Australia and Outback Australia?
- What policy change is necessary to ensure Outback communities are supported to thrive?
- What can we learn from the Outback and remote communities?
- Shared themes, opportunities and lessons emerge as the series progresses, enabling deeper cross-sectoral understanding, and identification of future Outback-appropriate policy development.
Conversation #4 – Conservation during recovery
How can we create opportunities for jobs in the Outback through stimulus recovery efforts? What are the opportunities that are created through environmental conservation, natural resource management, land management and farming? Presenters: Dr Barry Traill – Director, The Pew Charitable Trusts & Jimmy Cocking – Director, Arid Lands Environment Centre.